What is the MCITP CertificationCsuneRAnEt
The Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) certification is one of Microsoft’s new generation of credentials that provide IT professionals with a simpler and more targeted framework to display their technical and professional skills.
The MCITP: Server Administrator certification for Windows Server 2008 demonstrates that an individual is capable of managing day-to-day server operations as well as providing Windows Server 2008 administration. This certification qualifies individuals for jobs such as Network Administrator, Monitoring Operator, Server Systems Administrator, and Windows Server Administrator.
The Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA) and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) credentials continue to provide IT professionals who use Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 with industry recognition and validation of their IT skills and experience.
- Handling day-to-day management of the server operating system, file structure, and directory services.
- Handling software distribution and updates.
- Monitoring servers
- Providing tier-2 troubleshooting support.
- Supporting engineering and change-management projects.
- Creating builds and configuring the server.
- Implementing the auditing policy.
- Performing scheduled vulnerability-assessment scans.
- Monitoring logs for firewalls and intrusion-detection systems.
Candidates pursuing the MCITP Certification for Windows Server 2008 can choose between 2 certification tracks; the MCIPT: Server Administrator and the MCITP: Enterprise Administrator, with the Enterprise Administrator certification being the more advanced between the two. See below for a breakdown of the requirements for each certification track.
1. MCITP: Server Administrator Certification:
To earn the MCITP: Server Administrator certification, you must pass three exams: two Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) exams and one Professional Series exam.
- Exam 70-640 / 83-640 (earns MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Configuration)
- Exam 70-642 (earns MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure Configuration)
Professional Series Exam
- Exam 70-646: Pro: Windows Server 2008, Server Administrator
2. MCITP: Enterprise Administrator Certification:
To earn the MCITP: Enterprise Administrator certification, you must pass five exams: four Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) exams and one Professional Series exam.
- Exam 70-620 (earns MCTS: Configuring Microsoft Windows Vista)
- Exam 70-640 / 83-640 (earns MCTS: Configuring Windows Server 2008 Active Directory)
- Exam 70-642 (earns MCTS: Configuring Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure)
- Exam 70-643 (earns MCTS: Configuring Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure)
Professional Series Exam
- Exam 70-647: Pro: Windows Server 2008, Enterprise Administrator
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certifications are retired when Microsoft discontinues mainstream support for the related technology
MCITP and MCPD Certifications
- Professional-series certifications (MCITP and MCPD) require an update every three years from the date that you earned the certification, or your certification will lapse.
- MCITP Certification Training
This MCITP Certification Suite provides complete training for the Microsoft MCITP exams required to earn both the Server Administrator and the Enterprise Administrator certifications.
- Free Online Demos for the MCITP Certification Training.